Sweet treats disguising themselves as bread aren’t tricking anyone and I love it. This delicious pumpkin banana bread combines everything I adore about a traditional banana bread with all the amazing flavors of fall. The bananas make this the moistest and most tender pumpkin bread you will ever have.
A perfect balance of banana and pumpkin. The pumpkin flavor is soft and subtle, giving the bread a lovely overall spice flavor that makes you feel warm and cozy like a fall evening.
Ideal for a delicious bread loaf, warm out of the oven with a salted butter for that perfect balance of flavors. You could even transform this into a sweet and savory muffin topped with a light cream cheese icing or drizzle. The possibilities are endless.
Make extras to share with friends and neighbors, you will be the hit of block.
- 3 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 canned pumpkin puree
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease two loaf pans or 2 muffins pans.
- In a small bowl whisk flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and all spice together. In a medium bowl beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil and eggs together until combined. Add the pumpkin puree and mashed bananas and mix thoroughly.
- Stir your flour mixture into your wet ingredients and fold in the pecans.
- If you are doing a bread loaf divide the batter evenly between the two pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If you are doing muffins divide the batter evenly between the puffin pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.