I started with my classic sugar cookie recipe and made it festive with the Halloween Peanut Butter M&Ms. All the deliciousness of peanut butter surrounded by a sweet sugar cookie.
The combination of brown sugar and granulated sugar gives these cookies a rich sweetness that perfectly compliments the peanut butter. You may even be tricked into thinking the entire cookie is peanut butter, it is that delicious.
Letting the cookie dough balls chill prior to cooking ensures they don’t spread. The end result is a thicker and studier cookie that is chewy on the inside with a crunchy crispy outside.
If you plan ahead you can even chill the cookie dough overnight so you are ready to go the next morning. Just allow your dough to sit on the counter for about 10 minutes so it is easier to work with.
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter M&Ms and extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add your flour mixture to the creamed butte and sugar and mix to combine. Then carefully fold in your peanut butter M&Ms.
- Using a small cookie heaping scoop, scoop your cookie dough onto your baking sheets keeping them about 2 inches apart. Press the extra peanut butter M&Ms on the top.
- Place your baking sheets in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool. Then bake for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown, rotating the baking sheets half-way through.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then serve warm and enjoy.