This time of year is marked with cozy sweaters, spiked hot drinks, and delicious meals full of deep warm flavors. I wanted to find a way to enjoy all the flavors of fall in a dish that was light but still comforting.
Fresh greens, apples, and pomegranate seeds bring a brightness to this salad, which is a perfect balance to the deep savory flavors of the pecans and roasted butternut squash. All brought together by a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette.
The fun thing about this vinaigrette is the vinegar I use is already infused with maple flavor. It just brings that maple flavor to the forefront and it is so delicious. To prepare your Maple Vinaigrette add your ingredients to a salad dressing shaker or a mason jar. Shake to mix thoroughly.
Spicy Butternut Squash
The star of the show is the sweet and spicy butternut squash. Here is how you get started:
You can store your roasted butternut squash in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. With that step done you are only a few minutes away from a perfect autumn salad.
Autumn Salad with Sweet and Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash and Maple VinaigrettePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup mix greens
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup halved pecans
- 2 cups sweet and spicy roasted butternut squash
- ½ Fuji apple sliced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To prepare your Maple Vinaigrette add your ingredients to a salad dressing shaker or a mason jar. Shake to mix thoroughly.
- Mix your greens and spread out on a platter or within a bowl. Top with you pomegranate seeds, halved pecans, and butternut squash. Arrange your sliced apples around the side. Dress upon serving with your maple vinaigrette.