What makes this cocktail so special is the delicious rosemary infused simple syrup. When I started testing out this rosemary I thought for sure this was going to be a signature drink for Christmas. The more and more I drank it, practice makes perfect of course, I kept getting all the feels of Thanksgiving.
The sweet and savory flavor of the rosemary infused simple syrup combined with the bright tartness of the cranberries brings this drink to life. Simple in its ingredients, but full of complex flavors, this drink will amaze your holiday guests.
What you will need to make your rosemary infused cranberry cocktail
- 100% Cranberry Juice, no sugar added
- Granulated Sugar
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Vodka, or alcohol substitutions
- Orange, fresh cranberries and extra rosemary springs for garnish
Rosemary Infused Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is truly just sugar and water, brought to a boil and allowed to cook at a simmer until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid has thickened into the consistency of syrup.
Once you have reached this point, set your rosemary simple syrup to the side to allow it to cool. It can be stored in a sterile container in the fridge up to a month. A great addition to your holiday cocktail game that you can prepare ahead of time so you are ready for the festivities to come.
A Perfect Holiday Cocktail
When you are ready to enjoy just stir together your 100% cranberry juice, rosemary infused simple syrup, and vodka. Serve over ice garnished with your orange twist, fresh rosemary and extra cranberries.
If you wish to forego the alcohol you can easily substitute it and still have a delightful mocktail to share with others. Some great substitutions include ginger beer, seltzer water, tonic water, or even a flavored beverage like La Croix.
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces rosemary simple syrup
- 2 ounces 100% cranberry juice
- Orange twist fresh cranberries and fresh rosemary for garnish
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Combine your water, granulated sugar and fresh rosemary springs in a small sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool. Strain the syrup to remove the rosemary and store for later use.
- In a glass add the unsweetened cranberry juice, rosemary infused simple syrup and vodka. Stir to combine and serve over ice in a glass garnished with a twist of orange, fresh rosemary and extra cranberries.