Sometimes inspiration comes from what is available in your pantry. With this cookie, I just happened to have some unused granola that needed a new life. Once you try granola in place of oats in this cookie, it will forever be your go to oatmeal cookie.
Granola Oatmeal Cookie
- 1 ½ cup walnuts
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups granola
- 1 ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl sift (or whisk) the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- In a large sized bowl with a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium-high heat until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until blended together, try not to over mix.
- Then fold in 2 cups of the granola, raisins and walnuts until combined.
- Scoop and drop 2 inch balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of granola and ½ cup raisins.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a baking rack and let cool completely.